In 1934 the Selah City Library was first housed in the storeroom of Sudnmeir’s Hardware. In 1977 the City of Selah contracted with the rural county library district to provide library services to the citizens of Selah. The library space was a part of city hall at that time. The City passed an ordinance stating that the citizens of Selah would be best served by annexing to the library district. The citizens concurred by formally voting to annex to the library district in March of 2005. The City’s growth prompted a joint venture to co-lease a new building space with Yakima Valley Libraries in 2010. The new building is located at 106 South Second Street and offers over 4,000 square feet of library space with enhanced parking for library patrons. The five-year lease included a purchase option which was exercised by Yakima Valley Libraries on May 11, 2015.
There is substantial parking in front of the library building.