As of Sunday, May 8th, Yakima Central Library hours will change to be open longer during the week and include Sundays: Mon - Wed: 9-7 pm, Thurs - Fri: 9-6 pm, Sat: 10-6pm, and Sun: 10-5pm
|102 North 3rd Street
Yakima, WA 98901
Mon - Fri: 9-6pm; Sat 10-6pm
The Yakima Central Library has been located in the heart of downtown Yakima for over 100 years and is the largest branch in the Yakima Valley Libraries system. In 2006, voters in the City of Yakima approved annexation of the three city libraries into the Yakima County Library District effective 2007.
Tween Easter Egg Crafts
From I-82 Northbound:
- Take Exit 33, Yakima Avenue/Terrace Heights.
- Take the Yakima lane onto the overpass.
- As you exit the off-ramp, move one lane to the left.
- Continue on Yakima Avenue to the 5th traffic light, 3rd Street.
- Turn right onto 3rd Street. Continue on 3rd one long block to Sgt. Pendleton Way.
The library is on the northwest corner of 3rd Street and Sgt. Pendleton Way.
View Larger Map
There is usually parking available on the street. There is also a public parking lot 1/2 block west on B Street.