THIS SOUNDS GREAT! HOW DO I PLAY?
- Visit your community library and request a bingo card OR print a Bingo card from the YVL website.
- Read! And work toward a BINGO or black out by filling in book titles on your card.
- Return your completed game card to your local library OR submit your game card online by Friday, March 31, 2023, and complete a raffle entry form for a chance to win one of several prizes.
DO I HAVE TO READ PRINT BOOKS?
Nope! You’re encouraged to enjoy all book formats, including books on CD, ebooks, downloadable audiobooks, etc.
DO I HAVE TO READ LIBRARY BOOKS?
Obviously, we love it when you check out books from your local community library, but books you own, borrow from a friend, or buy, all definitely count!
WHAT IF I NEED IDEAS ABOUT WHAT TO READ?
If you’re stumped or would like book suggestions for some of the Bingo squares, you can ask library staff, check out NoveList Plus, or use one of YVL’s online book lists, some of which were specifically created for this program.
MY CHILD(REN) WOULD LOVE THIS! CAN THEY PLAY, TOO?
Sorry, no. This program is limited to adults 18 and older; however, we invite children and teens to participate in our annual summer reading program, which begins in June.
I READ A BOOK THAT COULD BE APPLIED TO MULTIPLE SPACES ON MY BINGO CARD. CAN I DO THAT?
Again, no—you can only use each title once.
WHAT IF I STARTED A BOOK IN 2022, BUT FINISHED IT AFTER THE NEW YEAR, AND/OR BEFORE I GOT MY BINGO CARD?
If it fits one of the categories, feel free to use it! As long as you were still reading the book at the start of 2023, it counts.
YOU MENTIONED PRIZES. TELL ME MORE…
If you complete and return your game board by Friday, March 31, 2023, you can enter your name in a drawing for one of several prizes – you choose which prize jar you would like your entry to go in.
For each BINGO you complete, you will also automatically be entered in a drawing for one of our grand prizes. (See ‘PRIZES’ section below for a full list of prizes.)
HOW ARE BINGOs COUNTED?
- A completed bingo card can have up to five BINGOs – at which point you also have a blackout, meaning all the squares have been filled in.
- Each filled-in square/title can only be counted once.
- A card with a single bingo gives you one entry. A card with two bingos gives you two entries and so on.
- A card with a blackout gives you five entries – and they don’t all have to go into the same drawing.
WHEN WILL WINNERS BE ANNOUNCED?
We’ll draw names in April and will contact winners by phone or email.
We will make multiple attempts to contact winners, if needed.
However, if your name is drawn and we haven’t heard back from you within seven (7) days from when we first tried to contact you, we will draw another name.
Limit: One prize per person.