In light of the rapidly evolving COVID-19 outbreak, Yakima Valley Libraries is operating under Stage Five; Step 3 of our Health & Safety Action Plan, and have implemented the following:
- Contact-Free Holds Pick Up is available at your Community Library.
- All library locations will be closed to the public until further notice.
- Book returns will remain accessible to patrons during the closure.
FINES AND FEES, DUE DATES, HOLDS, AND ILLS
- FINES & FEES: Overdue fees will not be charged for items checked out before the closure. Be sure to follow due dates to avoid late charges on items checked out beginning 8/17/2020.
- DUE DATES: Due dates for library materials were checked out before the library closed are extended to 9/30/2020. New Items checked out beginning 8/17/2020 will follow the regular due date schedule.
- HOLDS: Patrons can place new holds using the Library Catalog online or by contacting their community library by phone.
- INTERLIBRARY LOANS: ILL services are suspended during the temporary closure.
- EMAIL: Use the Contact Us form to send us an email.
- PHONE: Contact your community library by phone for assistance or to arrange Contact-Free Holds Pick Up.
For more information about the COVID-19 outbreak, including symptoms and how to protect yourself, see the drop-down menu below.