A catalog keyword search looks for text that matches the term you type in. You can limit the search by selecting Title, Author, Subject, etc.
To do a keyword search:
- Click on Search
- Click on Keyword
- Type in the word or words that pertain to your search
- Any Field is the default
- Click on the down arrow next to Search by: to choose another option, such as Title
- Click on Go! or press Enter to view results
- Click on Next 10 Titles to view more results, if necessary
- QUICK TIP: On the dashboard to the left is a section called “Related Searches.” Use these links to find more information on your topic.
To see if an Item is available:
- Click on Availability under the title information to see which community library holds the book and whether or not it is available.
- If an item at your community library says “Check Shelf”, use the Call Number to find the item.
- If no copies say “Check Shelf” for your community library, you may Place a Request for that title. We will ship it to the Pickup library of your choice when a copy becomes available.
For More Details About an Item
- Click on Detailed Information
- Click Enrich Data to view any available reviews, summaries or full table of contents.
A Browse Search looks for the word(s) you typed in and brings up a list of results that begin with similar word(s).
- Title is the default,
- You can also search by Author, Subject, Series, or Call Number.
- Use this method as you would a Keyword search.
Narrowing your search
- If your search yields too many results, you may want to narrow your search.
- Please contact a librarian for instruction in other advanced search options.
If your search yields no results
Use the Suggest a Title link to submit the title for purchase or interlibrary loan from another library outside of our system.