Library customers are responsible for lost, damaged, or overdue items. All items can be returned at any of the library locations, all of which have outside book drops available for your convenience 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (except for White Swan).
To avoid charges to your account:
- Return your items on or before the due date.
- Sign up for Library Elf.
- Renew your eligible items.
- Make sure your address, phone number, and email are current so that you receive notices. Log in to check your account online.
Fines and Fees:
- Overdue fines are charged at a rate of 10 cents /day per item.
- Damaged or lost books are charged the price of the item in the library record. (If you notice an item is damaged, please bring it to our attention before checking it out).
- Borrowing privileges are suspended if any item is 14 days late or if the account charges are $10 or more.
- Accounts owing $25 or more may be referred to a collection agency and be charged a $15 collection fee.
- Accounts in collection must be paid in full to resume full borrowing privileges.
- Lost library cards can be replaced for $1.
- Visit or contact staff at any of our locations to make payment arrangements.
For more information, please see the Circulation Policy or at any YVL community library.