Library customers are responsible and accountable for costs to replace materials that are lost or damaged. Fees will be assessed to the library customer to whom the lost or damaged materials were loaned.
Please renew or return materials before or on the due date at any time to one of our Yakima Valley Libraries’ locations.
- Notices may be sent on a regular basis by mail, email, or text (based on library user preference).
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended if any item is overdue 14 days or more, or if total account charges exceed $10.00.
- The replacement cost of items not returned after 28 days overdue will be charged to the patron’s account. If the item is returned in good condition, the replacement cost of the item will be waived.
- Accounts owing $25.00 or more may be referred to a collection agency and a collection fee of $15.00 will be charged to your library account.
- Accounts in collections must be paid in full before borrowing privileges can resume.
Damaged or Lost Materials:
- If you are checking out materials and you notice damage, please bring it to the attention of a staff person. Staff will note the damage so that you will not be charged for it.
- For damage of materials requiring withdrawal: The library user is charged the price of the item as found in the library database, on the item, or the list price in a standard bibliographic source.
- For lost materials: The library user is charged the price of the item as found in the library database, on the item, or the list price in a standard bibliographic source.