Please fill out and submit this form to make an in-person or telephone appointment with a librarian at the Yakima Central Library. A Yakima Central Library staff member will contact you shortly to set an appointment time and ask a few questions about what you need.
Appointments last approximately 30 minutes. This service is provided ONLY at the Yakima Central Library location. For research, these one-on-one appointments are meant to help get you started.
Frequently asked questions about Book a Librarian:
Who will be helping me?
- We will look at your appointment request and determine the best person on our staff at the Yakima Central Library to meet with you based on availability.
How do I make an appointment?
- Complete this request form with as much information as possible. We will be in touch with you to set up the time and date. You can also call us 509-452-8541, to schedule an appointment.
I need to cancel my appointment. What is the best way to do this?
- Please call us at 509-452-8541 as soon as you can to cancel an appointment.
Are there other ways to get help from a librarian?
- Yes! You can stop by any Yakima Valley Libraries location and speak with any library staff. You can also call us or email us.
What kinds of research can you help with?
- Business plan research and small business resources
- Basic computer assistance
- Consumer and health education
- Research into investments
- Finding a good read, for you or your book group
- Genealogy resources
- Local historical research using our newspaper collection
- General library resources, including subscription databases
- A research project for school
What we cannot help you with?
- We do not provide medical, legal, or business advice or opinion, but we can point you to resources and organizations that do.
- We cannot type or proofread your document, resume, cover letter, etc.
- Currently we do not offer technical support or troubleshooting except when it relates to library resources, including the catalog, databases, and e-books / e-readers. If you want to learn more about computers in general, or set up an email account, we offer free computer assistance.