The Library is governed by an independent Board of Library Trustees. Five people are appointed to the Board by the Yakima County Commissioners for staggered terms of five years each.
The Board of Trustees hires the Director who administers the operation of the Library within the policies, goals, and objectives approved by the Board.
The Board of Trustees usually meets monthly on the fourth Monday at the Yakima Central Library.
Board meetings are open to the public.
Special Board Meeting: Strategic Plan Presentation
3:00 p.m., Monday, October 2nd, 2023
Yakima Central Boardroom
102 N 3rd St. Yakima, WA 98902
To attend Virtual Zoom Meeting by phone
Dial number below, then enter prompts:
Phone Number: (253) 205-0468
Meeting ID: 861 7458 7409
Participant ID: press #
- 2023 Board of Trustees Meeting Calendar Revised January 24, 2023
- Bylaws August 26, 2008 Adopted
- Meetings & Minutes
For further information on the library board, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
There is an upcoming vacancy for the Library District’s Board of Trustees. The position begins in January 2024 and applications will be accepted by the Yakima County Commissioners until October 20, 2023.
Trustees are unpaid volunteers appointed by the Yakima County Commissioners, and may serve up to two consecutive, five-year terms.
How to Apply:
- Click here to fill out the Yakima County Commissioners’ Application for Appointment to Yakima County Boards & Commissions. Completed applications must be submitted to the Yakima County Commissioners via email OR by mailing the application to:
Board of Yakima County Commissioners
128 N. 2nd St, Room 232
Yakima, WA 98901
- Click here to fill out the YVL Trustee Questionnaire. Submit the completed form via email to email@example.com.
Questions about the application process and/or the duties of the Library’s Board of Trustees may be directed to the Yakima County Commissioners’ office by email or by calling (509) 574-1500.
Visit the Yakima County Commissioner’s website for more information about:
- Yakima County Boards & Committees
- Yakima Valley Regional Library Board
- Profiles of Yakima County Boards and Commissions