Resources for Parents
- Get a library card: If you live or own property in Yakima County, you qualify for a free Library Card good in all Yakima Valley Libraries.
- Keeping Kids Safer on the Internet: Safety tips for families whose children use online services.
- SIRS Discoverer: Editorial-vetted content for K-8 interdisciplinary curriculum areas. Age-appropriate news, magazines, and websites. 100% full-text, standards-aligned, and Lexile measured.
- FBI Parent’s Guide to Internet Safety: Get advice and information to help protect your children from dangers lurking in both the online and offline worlds.
- Microsoft’s Age-based guidelines for kids’ Internet use: ” The Internet is a part of our everyday lives, whether we’re socializing with friends, applying to a school or looking for a new job. Now more than ever, it’s important to pay attention to what’s online about you and take steps to ensure a positive persona— both personally and professionally.”
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children Internet Safety site: Protecting your kids online.