The Winter Reading Challenge deadline has been extended through Monday, June 1.
Winter is here! Whether you’re curled up inside, headed to the mountains, or traveling someplace warmer, winter can be a great time to read, and Yakima Valley Libraries is pleased to invite adult patrons to join our annual Winter Reading Challenge.
It’s easy to play, and a ton of fun!
From January 1 to
March 31 June 1st, grab one of our bingo cards, read, mark off the categories to complete a bingo or a blackout, and get entered to win fun prizes.
HOW TO PLAY
- Pick up a bingo card at your local library or download and print a Bingo card from the YVL website.
- Pick your books. If you’re stumped or would like suggestions, you can: ask a librarian or bookseller, try out our NoveList Plus database, or check one of our online book lists below, specially curated for some of the topics appearing on the bingo cards.
- Read! (This step is our favorite.)
- Fill in book titles and authors on your bingo card for a bingo or a blackout.
- Return your completed card(s) to your local library by
March 31stMonday, June 1st and fill out an entry form for one of several prizes.
- Tell your friends about the awesome new books you discovered!
THE FINE PRINT: You are on your honor to read books before adding them to your Winter Reading Challenge bingo card. Cheating, skimming, or just reading reviews online will invoke bad winter karma which may include sniffles, lack of marshmallows in your hot chocolate, or losing your mittens.