Who may submit an ILL request?
Any YVL library card holder with up to date contact and address information whose account is in good standing with no overdue items and no fines or fees over $10.00.
What is an ILL request?
- Requested items published more than 2 years ago and not already in our collections.
- What items can I Interlibrary Loan?
- Books, except those published within the last 2 years
- Newspapers on microfilm
- Photocopies of specific pages from journals and newspapers
- Photocopies of specific information from genealogy or other non-circulating materials
- Theses and dissertations
- Government documents
- Reports and conference proceedings
- Music scores
What items are NOT available through Interlibrary Loan?
- Books published in the last 2 years
- VHS tapes
- Downloadable eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Computer Software
- Video games
- Items we already own
How long does it take?
Anywhere from 2 – 6 weeks, depending upon the number of libraries that own the item and its availability. Obscure items may take longer.
How do I check the status of my ILL request?
Call 509-575-3436 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are there any fees?
- We do not charge fees but sometimes an item’s owning library does. Fees can be $5.00 – $20.00.
- We will contact you if the owning library charges a fee before processing your request.
- Fees are payable at the time of checkout.
How many requests can I make?
You may have a total of 10 Purchase and/or Interlibrary Loan (ILL) requests on your account at one time.
How will I be notified?
You may receive a phone call, email or text message alert when your item is available for checkout. (Please be aware, your contact information and preferences must be up to date in order to receive your alerts.)
Where do I pick up ILL materials?
Pick up items at the library you chose on the request form.
- “LIBRARY USE ONLY” MATERIALS – are held at Yakima Central Library for use in that library.
- Microfilm – are held at Yakima Central Library, YCL is the only library with microfilm readers.
How long may I keep ILL materials?
The checkout period for ILL items is determined by the owning library and can range from as little as a few days to as much as 60 days.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Loan periods do vary so it is important to pick up ILL items as soon as you are notified.
Can I renew my ILL item?
Where can I return ILL materials?
Return materials to any YVL library.