- DVDs of 8 hours or less – 7 days
- Streaming Video – 7 days
- eBooks and eAudiobooks – 21 days
- All other library material (including DVDs longer than 8 hours) – 28 days
Materials borrowed through InterLibrary Loan do not belong to Yakima Valley Libraries, and we cannot set the loan period or overdue fees. Yakima Valley Library can only borrow what the other library is willing to lend, and we abide by their terms of loan period and fees.
You may renew an item two times if it is not overdue and there are no holds on it or blocks on your account. You may renew your items by phone, at the library, online from your account, or using Library Elf.
To renew online:
- From the top navigation bar, choose “My Account”
- At the log-in page, enter your barcode number found on the back of your library card (Super Card or Provisional Library Card).
- Enter your password. (If you have forgotten your password, contact your community library for a new one or use the Forgot your password link to have the password emailed to the address on file in your account.)
- Click on “Log In”.
- From the top of the accounts page, choose “MY ACCOUNT” then “Items Out”.
- Select the item(s) you wish to renew and click “Renew Selected Items”.
- If you want to renew all of your items choose “Renew All Items”.
Materials borrowed from one branch of Yakima Valley Libraries may be returned to any other branch.
Borrowers are held responsible for material borrowed with their library cards. Borrowers should immediately report the loss of a card to the Library as well as a change in name or address.