The Library is governed by an independent Board of Library Trustees. Five people are appointed to the Board by the Yakima County Commissioners for staggered terms of five years each.
The Board of Trustees hires the Director who administers the operation of the Library within the policies, goals and objectives approved by the Board.
The Board of Trustees usually meets monthly on the fourth Monday at the Yakima Central Library.
Board meetings are open to the public.
Regular Board Zoom Meeting will be held Monday, December 13, 2021 at 1:00pm
Agenda will be posted Friday before the next Board meeting.
Refer to RCW.27.12
There is an upcoming vacancy for the Library District’s Board of Trustees. The position begins in January 2022 and applications will be accepted by the Yakima County Commissioners until December 10, 2021.
Trustees are unpaid volunteers appointed by the Yakima County Commissioners, and may serve up to two consecutive, five-year terms.
How to Apply:
- Click here to fill out the Yakima County Commissioners’ Application for Appointment to Yakima County Boards & Commissions.
- Completed applications may be submitted to the Yakima County Commissioners via email OR by mailing the application to:
Board of Yakima County Commissioners
128 N. 2nd St, Room 232
Yakima, WA 98901
Questions about the application process and/or the duties of the Library’s Board of Trustees may be directed to the Yakima County Commissioners’ office by email or by calling (509) 574-1500.
Visit the Yakima County Commissioner’s website for more information about:
- Yakima County Boards & Committees
- Yakima Valley Regional Library Board
- Profiles of Yakima County Boards and Commissions
For more information about the library board, please email the trustees at email@example.com